Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pesto Baby!


Basil Pesto by the numbers.

Ratio

1 part pine nuts
2 parts Parmigiano Reggiano
4 parts packed basil leaves
Oilve oil to smooth to the desired consistency
Garlic to taste

I first start by processing the Parmigiano Reggiano fine, I pour it into a bowl. Then I do the same with the pine nuts and put with the Parmigiano. I then pack the basil into the processor and begin to process adding olive oil through the feed tube, processing to a thin paste. I add the ground pine nuts and cheese, and garlic, and process some more adding oil as I go. I taste and adjust to my taste as some garlic can be "hot" I add the garlic slowly tasting as I go. you can sub the pine nuts with walnuts and the cheese with Pecorino Romano as well it will give you as sharper saltier pesto.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home